AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3D 2012: ISO Scale

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
pkw167
1043 Views, 11 Replies

P3D 2012: ISO Scale

I just ran into this problem as shown in my screen shot.  Where that little blue area in the center is my ISO border, and the green and dashed lines are my pipe route.  Out of 8 ISOs that was generated from that line, 2 of the ISOs ended up like this, while the other 6 are ok, everything was inside the drawing area.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ybogdanov
in reply to: pkw167

It's seems the inch-mm problem. Do you revise the units of the drawings? (command UNITS). Which difference there are between the corret lines and wrong lines?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 3 of 12
pkw167
in reply to: ybogdanov

the units for this job i'm working on is all mm, from beginning to end, never has been changed, and the 8 ISOs I generated were all in the same line number, just that sections of it turned out to be out of scale upon ISO generation, and sections of it turned out no problem.

Message 4 of 12
PeterQuinn

I'll let the experts on Iso chime in, but I'm betting they're going to want to look at your PCF files and possibly the iso style files.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 12
Vicky.Wu

Could you please provide PCF, isoconfig.xml and iso.dwt file for us to investigate?

Vicky
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Message 6 of 12
pkw167
in reply to: Vicky.Wu

I have attached the PCF, isoconfig.xml, and iso.dwt file as per your request, the PCF file outputs 6 isos total, only the 4th and 6th one will have this problem, the rest turns out well.

Thanks

Message 7 of 12
murali.p

After testing with your PCF, we identified the issue. The scaling on the Iso is failing in situations where weld gaps are on and PCF contains a pipe longer than 10000 inches *and* marked as existing.

There is no workaround to avoid this. Could you try reducing the pipe length of one long 'existing' pipe in your model to less than 10000 inches and check if that works?

Does this issue have an significant impact on your workflows?

Regards,

Murali

Autodesk Plant Solutions

Message 8 of 12
pkw167
in reply to: murali.p

Thanks for your reply Murali,

For that line, there really isn't much complexity to it, other then a bunch of olets and a bend at the end.  "normally" for cases like this, we do not break it up for easier handling.  If there is no work around to it, we will just draw that ISO manually like we used to before the times of ISO generating engines.

I hope cases like this will be looked after on later releases/service packs

Message 9 of 12
murali.p

Yes we have fixed this for the next release. Thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Regards,

Murali

Autodesk Plant Solutions

Message 10 of 12
pkw167
in reply to: murali.p

That is great to hear, thanks for all the help Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 12
TRdesigner82

This issue is still occuring in 2015. Any suggestions? Please see attachments if helpful. Thanks

Message 12 of 12
TRdesigner82
in reply to: TRdesigner82

pcf renamed to txt...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost