AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3D 2012 Demo Version

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
maxpiper
744 Views, 9 Replies

P3D 2012 Demo Version

I have installed the demo version of Plant 3D (64bit). All components installed successfully but, I cannot open Navisworks Simulate or Inventor Fusion.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi,

Do you get any error while loading the product. Can you go to temp folder on your machine and check for any install error logs and send it to me.

Please also try logging in with another windows user account and see whether you can launch Navisworks.

You can go to Start -> Run -> and type %TEMP% to access temp folder. Looking forward to your reply.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 10

plant 3d 2012 doesn't come with navisworks

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10

Yes Darren. You are right. Navisworks & Inventor fusion comes up with only Plant Design Suites. Unfortunately the design suite is not for trial download at the moment.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 5 of 10

Vinod,

There were no problems with the installation and there are no error logs in the temp folder. I also tried to open from another user account with no success. Just to clarify, I installed the demo version of Plant 3D Suite Premium.

John.

Message 6 of 10

I just want to clarify with you that you have currently purchased Plant design suite 2012 and installed it as a trial version on your machine. Now you couldn't launch navisworks after the install. Can you confirm me on this.

Meanwhile you could use the following clean uninstall/reinstall procedure to remove Navisworks on your machine and use the correct serial number sent to you and then try launching the product as trial version.

Clean install & Uninstall procedure,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Hope it helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 7 of 10

Vinod,

I have not purchased the software. I downloaded a 30 day trial version of Plant Design Suite 2012 Premium (64 bit).

John.

Message 8 of 10

Sorry for my previous message on the suite download availability. Can i know whether you have downloaded the trial version of Plant design suite 2012 premium from the link below.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=15326368

If so, please do a clean uninstall & reinstall of Navisworks and see whether it works or not. Do let me know, if the issue persists.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 9 of 10

Vinod,

I re-installed the software and was able to open Navisworks. However, not all objects were rendered. I changed the DWG Loader to 2011 and closed the program. Since then I have not been able to open Navisworks.

Cheers, John.

Message 10 of 10

Thanks John for the suggestion. We will keep note of it.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost