AutoCAD Plant 3D General

thiagorincon
Message 1 of 15 (940 Views)

P&ID Title block

940 Views, 14 Replies
04-23-2012 09:56 AM
Hi, i'm starting do use the Autodesk Plant 3D do make P&ID's. I want to change the Title Block default of the diagram for one that my company use. How can I do that? Thanks!
Employee
TomislavGolubovic
Message 2 of 15 (927 Views)

Re: P&ID Title block

04-23-2012 04:22 PM in reply to: thiagorincon

Go into the Project you are working on, then in Project Manager, right click on the Project, and click Properties.

In the dialog box, on the left hand side, open up P&ID DWG Settings, then click on Paths. This will tell you the Drawing Template file that P&ID uses.

From here, you can use AutoCAD to edit that DWT file, or replace the file with the one you want to use.

Tomislav Golubovic
Plant Solutions Engineer
Autodesk Australia / New Zealand
Autodesk, Inc.

thiagorincon
Message 3 of 15 (897 Views)

04-25-2012 04:12 AM in reply to: thiagorincon
Thank you for the answer! Another question: I'm editing the equipment blocks in a project inside the AutoCAD P&ID and I'd like to keep these modifications for all the others projects. Is this possible? How can I do that?
Employee
TomislavGolubovic
Message 4 of 15 (895 Views)

04-25-2012 04:15 AM in reply to: thiagorincon

When you create a new project, at the first page is a tick box that says "Copy settings from a template project"

Tomislav Golubovic
Plant Solutions Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

thiagorincon
Message 5 of 15 (892 Views)

04-25-2012 05:05 AM in reply to: TomislavGolubovic
Thanks for the help!
Employee
TomislavGolubovic
Message 6 of 15 (887 Views)

04-25-2012 01:17 PM in reply to: thiagorincon

No problem, please mark this thread as resolved, unless you have any other questions :smileyhappy:

Tomislav Golubovic
Plant Solutions Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

thiagorincon
Message 7 of 15 (882 Views)

04-26-2012 06:15 AM in reply to: TomislavGolubovic
OK. I have one more question: I need a report of all the types of equipment that are inside the P&I. I mean, in Project Setup I can find a list of all the possible equipments existing in the software, and I want a report in Excell of all these possibilities. Is there any way to do that?
Employee
TomislavGolubovic
Message 8 of 15 (868 Views)

04-26-2012 12:33 PM in reply to: thiagorincon
Easy. In the main PID window, at the top ribbon you have Project Manager and then Data Manager. Click on Data Manager and you can export Reports to Excel

Tomislav Golubovic
Plant Solutions Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

thiagorincon
Message 9 of 15 (857 Views)

04-27-2012 01:21 PM in reply to: TomislavGolubovic
Now, I'm trying to change the style of the line. I need to create or modify a process line that have some symbols with its. It would be like creating a "flow arrow style" (Line settings), but instead the arrow, I'd need another symbol. Is there how to do that?
Employee
TomislavGolubovic
Message 10 of 15 (851 Views)

04-28-2012 01:59 AM in reply to: thiagorincon

Right click on the Project in Project Manager, go to Properties, then expand the section marked "P&ID DWG Settings"

Under that is a section called "PID Class Settings (or to that effect, I'm not on a PC at the moment) and under that is all the settings for each of the elements in a P&ID. When you find the one you want, clicking on "Edit Symbol" does the layer, colors, linetype etc, and then clicking on "Edit Block" edits the actual block.

Tomislav Golubovic
Plant Solutions Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community