AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&ID Off Page Connectors Issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ANDREWS85
610 Views, 3 Replies

P&ID Off Page Connectors Issue

I'm working on a project that currently has around 250 P&ID's in the project and new drawings are being added daily. My problem occurs while I am attempting to connect the off page connectors.

I select the connector, then the node, then "Connect To" and the Create Connection window displays. In the window all of the drawings in the project display in the list, but they are randomly ordered. It is such a pain to have to go through 200 some drawings just to find your connecting P&ID. Some of the drawings seem to be ordered by the date they were created and the others are completely random. I would love to get the drawings to list numerically if at all possible.

Does anyone have/know of a fix or is this a known bug?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jenakap1
in reply to: ANDREWS85

Hi Andrew,

Could you share more details around what version of the software you are using? 

-
Pat Jenakanandhini
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Message 3 of 4
ANDREWS85

Currently we are using Plant 3d 2012 (64 bit). We started the project with Plant 3d 2011 and used that for about a month, but then upgraded.

Message 4 of 4
dave.wolfe

So I don't have a solution for sorting the drawing numbers.  However, if you have put in a line number when you draw your lines, you can have only the lines you want to connect show...

5-2-2012 9-42-38 AM.png

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost