AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&I custom object problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Symo90
401 Views, 1 Reply

P&I custom object problems

I have created few objects for P&I. Unfortunately i have encountered some problems with them:

1- Autocad dinamic dimensions don't seems to work in Plant (I can't see the grips, even if I create the blocks with Plant)

2- The custom blocks don't align long the pipe direction (I insert the AttachmentPoint1:EndCode0 and AttachmentPoint:EndCode1). Some of them to get the right direction I must first insert them, and they don't turn, then I have to move them and now they turn properly.

3- If I insert an inline custom object it trimm the pipe line properly only in the direction of the original block drawing, if it rotates it trimm the pipe line as if it is not rotates. (img. attached)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JohnHolder
in reply to: Symo90

1, Dynamic blocks do not work in P&ID, you can use dynamic blocks but the dynamic information is lost when converting to a p&id block.

2. Did you try "AttachmentPoint1:EndCode0" and "AttachmentPoint2:EndCode180"  vs 1

Not sure if 180 vs 1 makes a difference or not but may be worth a try?

3. sorry no idea on that one.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost