AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orthocube is Huge

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tylerkerr
469 Views, 5 Replies

Orthocube is Huge

When I try to make a new ortho view, the default box is 1000's of feet in alll dimensions.  This is th despite the model only using a 100'x100'x20' space.  Any way to get it to stop starting to big?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
patpat79
in reply to: tylerkerr

Check your drawings included, for the sake of being safe, remove your xref files in each of your drawing files, I have experienced the same problem, causing the orthocube so big. I've tried to select if their are items outside My plant that is not there in our Navisworks. So my solution is, I went to the files that I had selected, remove xref then update my ortho, and it works for me.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 3 of 6
tylerkerr
in reply to: patpat79

The drawing has no x-ref.   Going into the drawing template, it tells me 41 layers are being used despite there being nothing I'm able to select.

Message 4 of 6
patpat79
in reply to: tylerkerr

How many drawings doo you have? Try to purge each and everyone if it, and check the units of each files, if millimeters or inches, must choose inches if imperial and millimeters if metric

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 5 of 6
PeterQuinn
in reply to: patpat79

Is this in metric? There's a defect that we're trying to track down with metric drawings, but it appears to be ok with ft/inch.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
tylerkerr
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Units are imperial.  Appears I finally tracked it down.  I finally found the object that was throwing it off.  I used this as an opportunity to clear out all unnecessary block in the .dwt file.  In the end, it turned out to be an item on the GRADE layer that was far larger than it appeared.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost