AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ortho Annotate Command (Annotation Styles)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
henrikandersson
1383 Views, 3 Replies

Ortho Annotate Command (Annotation Styles)

Hi,

Currently I am placing about a million tags on my ortho drawings. It's a great test of your patience and sanity. Is there at way to make more annotation styles appear in the list when using the "Ortho Annotate" button? Now I click it, mark the pipe I want to tag, then it prompts for "Specify annotation style". I can only choose Bill of Materials in this list. 

At the moment I have to do this: Right click -> Ortho Annotate -> Piping -> Line Number Callout. It drives a man insane!

Help anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
EricNyh
in reply to: henrikandersson

I've found that once you do a specific annotation tag, you can repeat the same annotation by pressing enter.  So do all your line numbers at once, do the first then it's enter, click, enter, click, enter, click, etc.

Message 3 of 4
dave.wolfe
in reply to: EricNyh

In addition, you can double click in the viewport to go into model space, select an object, right-click and choose Annotation. From there you will see a list of the annotation styles that apply to that object. Much easier than trying to type the annotation style names.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 4 of 4

I came up with a slightly faster way:

I click on "Ortho Annotate", then click on whatever I want to tag, then I write the annotation style manually. I found that the typing can be shortened to as few as one letter. First I wrote the whole command, for example "Line Number Callout", but since this is the only annotation style that starts with a "L" you can simply type "L" and the command works. The same works for "Hand Valve Annotation". Simply write "H" and the program understands it, since it is the only command starting with an "H".

To summarize, the command can be shortened to as may letters that makes the command unique. For instance, one has to write "eq" for an equipment tag, otherwise it will be in conflict with "Elbow Radius Callout" which also starts with an "E" (duh)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost