AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBJECT ID AS PLANT 3D PROPERTY

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
eric.fox
849 Views, 4 Replies

OBJECT ID AS PLANT 3D PROPERTY

Is it possible to add objectid (handle) as a plant property?  perhaps plantdefinecalcproperties as a expression?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
patpat79
in reply to: eric.fox

Are you saying you want a new  plant 3d property for your components? Please explain further , thanks.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 3 of 5
jabowabo

I don't see any way to do this except through the API.  With it you could add a new property column in the datatable then populate it with the objectId.  The PnPId / PpObjectId is available in properties but I'm not sure what you're trying to do so I don't know if it would help you. From the API help file:

The P&ID object identifier (PpObjectId, AcPpObjectId) is a combination of the standard ObjectId and the drawing ID. The PpObjectId persists between AutoCAD sessions in the multi-drawing project environment.

I'd be curious why you want to add the ObjectId to the Plant 3D properties when it already is a readily accessible identifier for the object itself.

Message 4 of 5
eric.fox
in reply to: jabowabo

We have the SQL database and a Access database for each job... The access one exists because it is easy to work with and i dont hear alot of flack from IT about it..  We run clashes,mto's etc. which outputs a .xls for the engineers to work with. Now I need to link up Navisworks Through datatools and having

the object handle in the database would allow me to link to our navisworks files.. if there is a better way id like to hear and if you want to know anything about how i made the mto with reducing sizes lol let me know.

Message 5 of 5
eric.fox

I got it..  datalinks stores it as decimal.  Convert dwghandlelow to hexidecimal and there you have it.. Thanks to Mr. Dave Wolfe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost