AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nozzle Delete Function Lost

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
TRdesigner82
741 Views, 5 Replies

Nozzle Delete Function Lost

One of our pipe designers has lost a ability to delete nozzles. CTRL + LEFT CLICK highlights the nozzle as it should. Next, when he hits the DELETE button, nothing happens. If I go to my computer I can delete the same nozzle without issue.

I thought maybe his keyboard had gone bad but DELETE works just fine in other programs...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

In P3D 2014 you can delete a nozzle the following way too:

Select the equipment and click on Edit Nozzle pencil.

Than go to Change Location and click on Remove.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 3 of 6

That will be good to know once we update and go to 2014 in the next couple of weeks or so. Still using 2013 for the time being. Just curious as to why he would lose that functionality?

Message 4 of 6

Honestly, I dont know.

But in the 2014 version you can not select the nozzle with the CTRL button anymore.

You will have to use the method I explained.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 5 of 6
PeterQuinn
in reply to: Attila.Vallyon

There was no intentional change to the program in this area. 

When I create a new project, a new drawing, and then add a new tank with nozzles, I can select and delete these nozzles with Ctrl-click and the Del key.

There's something peculiar about your drawing or equipment.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
TRdesigner82
in reply to: PeterQuinn

We fell into the solution to this while trying to solve a different issue. He had also lost some of his right click menu options. I found out about the PICKFIRST comand. It was set to 0 on his machine so I changed it back to 1 and now all is good. The right click menu options are back and his delete button works again. I don't know how he got it set to 0 but 1 is definetly the option you want...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost