AutoCAD Plant 3D General

Contributor
FourWideJK
Message 1 of 5 (424 Views)

No Gaskets

424 Views, 4 Replies
03-28-2011 01:44 PM

I have a client that uses a raised flange Lug Butterfly valve to connect to flanged tube but I can't get Plant 3D to specify no gaskets. The rf lug connection has a built-in gasket on it so I don't need the bom to specify gasket. and if I delete them then it says the line isn't connected.

Thanks

Mike

Valued Mentor
Rich.O.3d
Message 2 of 5 (420 Views)

Re: No Gaskets

03-28-2011 02:39 PM in reply to: FourWideJK

I have the same issue...already have a couple of threads about the subject.

It appears that you need something in the wafer connection....if you just have a bolt set, then you get 2 bolt sets...if only a gasket, then you get gaskets....to workaround, i added a set of gaskets that are 0.1mm thick and called the them up in the description(size) field as 'NOT REQD - Item included for modeling purposes only'

the other way is to have a bolt set that only shows half the number of bolts req'd then sub them in, so that the 2 bolt sets together add up numericaly to the number of bolts in one full set.

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Contributor
FourWideJK
Message 3 of 5 (405 Views)

03-29-2011 08:07 AM in reply to: FourWideJK

I created a new simple joint in project setup and told it to use bolt set as fasteners. When I insert the lug waffer valve now I have to click on the connection and change to the one I created, and the Iso comes up with no gasket, and I think its the  correct number of bolts. For the 4" valve it has 16 bolts, Im assuming this is correct, 8 holes in the valve and bolted on both sides.

I work more with designing the building & equpiment in 3d, Im just getting into detailing the piping.

Valued Contributor
neonade
Message 4 of 5 (323 Views)

09-15-2011 11:32 PM in reply to: FourWideJK

Make the attribute of that gasket to existing rather than field or shop. that will take care of it pretty sure

Valued Contributor
neonade
Message 5 of 5 (299 Views)

09-19-2011 07:16 PM in reply to: neonade

Pardon for my message, indeed this is a bug of Plant3d 2011, i get an error in extracting the iso for the "bolt set" set to existing

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community