AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Gaskets

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
FourWideJK
1467 Views, 4 Replies

No Gaskets

I have a client that uses a raised flange Lug Butterfly valve to connect to flanged tube but I can't get Plant 3D to specify no gaskets. The rf lug connection has a built-in gasket on it so I don't need the bom to specify gasket. and if I delete them then it says the line isn't connected.

Thanks

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: FourWideJK

I have the same issue...already have a couple of threads about the subject.

It appears that you need something in the wafer connection....if you just have a bolt set, then you get 2 bolt sets...if only a gasket, then you get gaskets....to workaround, i added a set of gaskets that are 0.1mm thick and called the them up in the description(size) field as 'NOT REQD - Item included for modeling purposes only'

the other way is to have a bolt set that only shows half the number of bolts req'd then sub them in, so that the 2 bolt sets together add up numericaly to the number of bolts in one full set.

Message 3 of 5
FourWideJK

I created a new simple joint in project setup and told it to use bolt set as fasteners. When I insert the lug waffer valve now I have to click on the connection and change to the one I created, and the Iso comes up with no gasket, and I think its the  correct number of bolts. For the 4" valve it has 16 bolts, Im assuming this is correct, 8 holes in the valve and bolted on both sides.

I work more with designing the building & equpiment in 3d, Im just getting into detailing the piping.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Make the attribute of that gasket to existing rather than field or shop. that will take care of it pretty sure

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Pardon for my message, indeed this is a bug of Plant3d 2011, i get an error in extracting the iso for the "bolt set" set to existing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost