AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New start page/tab in P3D 2015. How do I make it go away?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dzine14u
1092 Views, 6 Replies

New start page/tab in P3D 2015. How do I make it go away?

I realize that Autodesk strives to continue improving their products.  But what might be an improvement to some is simply an annoyance to others.

Case in point: The new start page when you open P3D 2015 (Learn, Creat, Get Started).  I find it to be annoying because A) I can right click on the P3D icon on the Windows quick launch toolbar and have a list of my last 9 drawings when I open Acad.  B)  99% of all my drawings are opened through the project manager making the new startup screen rather useless.

How do you make the startup screen go away for good?

Next issue:  After staring at that ugly startup splash screen with the abstract keyboard looking thing for this past year you would have thought Autodesk would have come up with something new for 2015.  (its the same picture used as the background for this web page).  What the heck is that anyway?

Chuck Altmix
Lead Engineering Designer
Upper Consulting, Inc.
www.upperconsulting.com
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dave.wolfe
in reply to: dzine14u

Set NEWTABMODE = 0.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 7
dzine14u
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Dave:

I am still having issues with daily crashes as has been discussed previously. Frankly, I am angry at Autodesk for not coming up with solutions to the problems I have been experiencing for nearly 7 years! I recently got a brand new $4200 BOXX 3D Extreme desktop workstation thinking that would resolve the issue but it did not. The computer is powerful and lighting fast so now when AutoCAD crashes it does it much faster than before.

I am beyond disappointed in the instability of AutoCAD when doing 3D work and if it were my choice, after nearly 25 years, I would switch to Solid Works in a heartbeat. I never hear any of those guys complaining of crashes. This problem has spanned from Acad 2007 to the new P3D 2015. I feel it is a complete waste of time sending in those error reports because no solution is ever returned.
Chuck Altmix
Upper Consulting, Inc.
www.upperconsulting.com
Message 4 of 7
dave.wolfe

Really, at this point, the only thing to do is get someone in front of your computer to try and identify issues. I know AutoCAD does crash with 3d modeling, but as most can attest this is the exception (pun sort of intended) rather than the rule. 

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 7
dzine14u

The old variable NEWTABMODE = 0  no longer seems to exist to disable the "get started" screen.  How can I do this?

Chuck Altmix
Upper Consulting, Inc.
www.upperconsulting.com
Message 6 of 7
johnvoigt

try STARTMODE = 0

John Voigt

ECAD, Inc.
Tips and Tricks on our blog: Process Design, from the Outside
A P3D Authorized Reseller
Message 7 of 7
dzine14u
in reply to: johnvoigt

Thanks!

Chuck Altmix
Upper Consulting, Inc.
www.upperconsulting.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost