AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New gap between orifice flange and pipe

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
EricNyh
969 Views, 13 Replies

New gap between orifice flange and pipe

I have an existing project where all of a sudden, any new 4"-300# orifice flange has started to come in with a gap at the weld location.  All the existing orifice flanges in that size are still correct, but if I copy them, the copy will get the gap.  Iso's still work properly.  The gap shows up in all visualization styles and regardless if hardware acceleration is on or off.

Spec date and time stamps appear to have not been changed.

Any ideas?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
jabowabo
in reply to: EricNyh

I have the same issue but have not found a solution yet.  The properties palette shows an engagement length on the BW end of 1/2" that is not shown in the catalog.  Weird.

Message 3 of 14
EricNyh
in reply to: jabowabo

I hadn't noticed that, but you are correct.  Engagement Length1 is showing 0.50".

Message 4 of 14
EricNyh

My reseller has opened a ticket with Autodesk about this issue.

Message 5 of 14
jabowabo

If you get an answer I'd love to hear it!Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
EricNyh
in reply to: jabowabo

Update -

So far they are still stumped.

Message 7 of 14
rkreiss375

I have had this same problem with Slip-On flanges.

Any luck with a solution?

Rod

Message 8 of 14
EricNyh
in reply to: rkreiss375

No update from Autodesk.

My problem has spread.  Now on all 3" orifice flanges, one of the tap ports, believes it is a 3" rather than 1/2" in size.

Message 9 of 14
dave.wolfe

I'm pretty sure the data was wrong in the catalog originally. Perhaps the specs didn't get updated when they changed? In any case I had to fix the catalog and either re-add the item or do a catalog update.
Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 10 of 14
EricNyh
in reply to: dave.wolfe

The catalog information shows the correct information and no changes to the catalog have been made.

Message 11 of 14
PeterQuinn

Any idea why there are 3 disconnect markers (droplets) shown in your picture?

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 14
jabowabo

PeterQuinn, he has two drops for the taps and one for the flanged connection.
Message 13 of 14
EricNyh
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Correct.

Message 14 of 14
EricNyh

Well, my case has been closed and this thread sent to the development team for review.  Autodesk keeps alluding that my catalogs/specs are broken, yet we have two other projects running right now, started with the same default project information, where this has not occured.

In any case, I did "band-aid" my issue.  I ended up deleting the items from the project spec and then re-inserting them from my catalog. Then deleting the items from the model and reinserting .  Thankfully it was only the orifice flanges that were giving me problems.  If it were standard weldneck flanges, that would have been more painful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost