AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User - 2013 or 2014?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
darrelldixon
367 Views, 5 Replies

New User - 2013 or 2014?

We have purchased 7 seats of Plant 3D to replace our current Cadworx Plant software. Should we start with 2013 since it has had a service pack and hotfixes issued and is theoretically more stable? Or would it be better to go ahead and jump into 2014 now instead of waiting for the service pack/hotfixes to come out?

Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: darrelldixon

Go ahead with2014, there are good features in orthographic. All the best. Any clarifications required, post here, we are ready to help you.
Message 3 of 6
darrelldixon
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

That's the way I was leaning. I just didn't know if there are typically issues associated with a brand new release that would make it better to wait on 2014 until they were addressed.

Message 4 of 6
Arun_Kumar_K

No worry. They have not made more changes in main software. Only orthographic is improved, so you won't face much problem.
Message 5 of 6
dgorsman

As with any mission critical software, test it in your environment first to ensure it meets your needs.  Your specific workflow may run into bugs or limitations that other users haven't found yet.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 6
darrelldixon
in reply to: dgorsman

Whether we use 2013 or 2014, it will be used the same way. I was more curious if the first release of a software is fairly stable or if we should wait on 2014 until the first service pack or hotfix is released?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost