AutoCAD Plant 3D General

davinl
Message 1 of 2 (101 Views)

Need Advice for the most practical solution for this:

101 Views, 1 Replies
07-03-2012 08:09 AM

I have recently started employment at a fabrication company and currently the major projects are Cement bulk plants (silo's and lot's of piping).

The reseller that sold them the software - Mechanical and Inventor would be their solution to getting these drawings done down to the cut sheet.  

After a little research I've come to determine that a combination of Inventor and Plant 3d would be the optimal solution to this.  Design the components with Inventor (silo's, pump's and such) and then assemble & connect them within Plant3d (or Mechanical).  They currently do not own Plant but it may be an option to purchase if it's justifyable.

Anyone have any advice on this?

Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 2 of 2 (60 Views)

Re: Need Advice for the most practical solution for this:

07-06-2012 02:16 PM in reply to: davinl
In my opinion it is a toss up between Plant Design Suite and Factory Design Suite. Plant is lacking in material handling equipment like conveyors, hoppers, etc. However, Factory Design handles all that in Inventor and is also able to layout equipment quickly across a factory floor design. Factory Design Suite doesn't really do piping. So, it's tough to recommend one over the other. Just depends how your work load leans to what you need to be able to do productivly.
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community