AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need 16x10 reducing tee (CS300)

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
KEY_Engineering_Stacy_Coggin
831 Views, 10 Replies

Need 16x10 reducing tee (CS300)

Starting to learn 3d plant. recreating a project that was done with CADWORX. Need 16x10 red tee but it is not available in p3d. Goes....6,8,12,14 (Where is the 10?)

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

That is intrest, someone probably forgot to mark it.

To add it to the pipespec do the following:

- Close Plant 3D, (if not you will not be able to save the pipespec);

- Open the pipespec on "AutoCAD Plant 3D Spec Editor";

- Double click the item, TEE (RED) ... it will open the Edit Part window;

- Uncheck "Hide parts marked 'Remove From Spec' ";

- Scroll down, find the size 16"x10" and uncheck "Remove From Spec";

- Click OK;

- Save the Spec, Close the Editor.

Check annex image, it there is a detailed instruction there.

Att,

Gabriel Nogueira.

Message 3 of 11

Thanks! I have done what you mentioned above but still do not see the16x10 option when I insert do I need to do something else. It did save in the spec, just wondering if I need to reset anything in p3d.

Message 4 of 11

Go to the spec editor application then in the up right side click on the Catalog Bar, then look for the description of the item (reducing tee) then double click it and once inside, click on the tab sizes on the up left side, copy an item and change the diameters and the long description, in order to be aware of the size then click save to catalog.

Then update the spec CS300

Message 5 of 11

See ATTACHED... I have attached a PrintScreen of my spec editor. The original response "To add it to the pipespec do the following:" helped. the 2nd response makes no since seeing that I can already see it.  It seems to be there but I am unable to get it to show up in P3D.

Message 6 of 11

Hey,

How are you inserting the tee into Plant3D, via ToolPalette, Spec Viewer or routing from the header pipe?

I guess if you are inserting via ToolPalette, you will have to add the tee to the palette first.

Do this open the "Spec Viewer" and check if the TEE (RED) 16X10 appears there.

Att.

Gabriel Nogueira.

Message 7 of 11

Hey,

If you are trying to insert via routing, check the Branch Table Editor. In the CS300 at this branch case it defines TEE + RED or  Stub In. You have to change that to the routing works.

It is recommended you make a copy of this spec, with other name, and than do the changes you need.

Att.

Gabriel Nogueira.

Message 8 of 11

ToolPalette... It does not show up in specviewer (See ATTACHED).

Message 9 of 11

Verify if you modifyed the correct file, because there is a default file with the catalogs in "C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 Content\" folder;

And there is the actual file in the Project folder "...ProjectFolder\SpecSheets\".

Att.

Gabriel Nogueira.

Message 10 of 11

That's it! The very first post was the solution... I was just working with wrong SPEC file. Changes must be made to file used for PROJECT.

Great! Thank you!

Message 11 of 11

Great, glad to help.

Gabriel Nogueira.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost