AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDOUT in Plant3D lose all object propierties!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bogdanov.y
629 Views, 5 Replies

NWDOUT in Plant3D lose all object propierties!

Hello,

another problem that is necessary to resolve is when use command NWDOUT to convert the 3D model of Plant3D to NWD (format of Navisworks) all objects of model lose propierties (TAGs, line numbers...). Why?

I use this command because if I open the model directly with Navisworks the grating and railng is not see well. The grating is transparent and in railing fall vertical tubs. (I have all Object Enablers installed)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RSFAdsk
in reply to: bogdanov.y

Hello,

as you notice, in order to display plant properties in Navisworks, they need to remain as plant objects, with object enablers installed.  If you wish to use OEs for piping but not for structure, you can place your structure into an xref, but would need to swap them out for navisworks. 

I experimented a bit, and is seems that grate transparency comes from the fact it becomes a hatch, so you would need to convert them (NWDOUT, EXPORTTOAUTOCAD, OE disable) to get that behavior.  I'm not an expert with navisworks so possibly others have better ideas.

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
bogdanov.y

I don't understand why object enabler is desable when user active the command NWDOUT o NWCOUT... How I can activate it? 

Message 4 of 6
RSFAdsk

Hi,

Object enablers work only for DWG files.  When Navisworks reads a DWG, objects that are Plant Objects (as opposed to vanilla AutoCAD objects) require the Plant3D OE to display as if you were looking at them in Plant 3D.  Also, plant properties cannot be read without the OE.  If the OE is not available, Navisworks displays based on the setting of PLANTSAVEDETAIL.  NWDOUT creates a NWD file, and the entities are more along the lines of what you would get using EXPORTTOAUTOCAD.

Richard Frank
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
bogdanov.y
in reply to: RSFAdsk

I understand utility of object enabler. But I don't understand why if I use reader of Navisworks it export properties of object and if I use NWDOUT don't export the properties. I think that is nessessary change it. 

Message 6 of 6
RSFAdsk

Understood and thanks for the post.  This would be on the NWDOUT command (which is part of NW) to include such properties.  I will add this feature-request to the wish-list.

Richard Frank
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost