AutoCAD Plant 3D General

chrishope12
Message 1 of 2 (129 Views)

NOW, I have used inventor fusion to create a dwg. file, from a IGES file. BUT

129 Views, 1 Replies
08-23-2012 08:48 AM

I took the iges. file and converted it to a dwg. file. I opened the dwg. file (Valve) in my current project and saved it as a 3-D model dwg. under 3-D modles folder. Then I copied it from that dwg. into my main project dwg. I saved it as a block, but can't tag it, can't use it as a plant valve componet, or as a piping componet . It doesn't have a place to snap pipe or flanges to it so I could continue on with that paticular line piping.

I am just lost... The main thing is as long as I use the autodesk componets that are on my current tool pallett, then all is well and I can pipe miles of piping but now that I have these 9 specialized valves which have to be used in my drawing, i can't move forward.

I have been drafting 7 years, but only 3 months with plant 3D. I have watched tutorials out the wazzu and I have even had a local college proffesor come in and spend several weeks with me to get up and running. I have laid out a tremondous layout of our plant site in 3-D and its been very exciting and fun, but this spec catalog along with importing a file which contains the valve I need in iges of course, has been a show stopper for two days now PLEASE HELP!!

*Expert Elite*
dave.wolfe
Message 2 of 2 (125 Views)

Re: NOW, I have used inventor fusion to create a dwg. file, from a IGES file. BU

08-23-2012 10:59 AM in reply to: chrishope12

Treat it like a block and use this:

http://www.pdoteam.com/2011/10/custom-components-in-autocad-plant-3d/

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

ECAD, Inc.
Tips and Tricks on our blog: Process Design, from the Outside

A P3D Authorized Reseller

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community