AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Server

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
darren.goodman
479 Views, 3 Replies

Moving Server

Hi

I have moved a Plant 3D project to site .... It is a SQLite project and I have copied everthing over to the Site Server.

I can see all my models and orthos.

Models that have xrefs in them are all there and the path names have all been updated.

I have a problem that project settings and orthocreate do not seem to work, I assumed that it might be something to do with moving the project, but I have quickly set up a new test project from scratch and again orthocreate and project settings do not seem to work ?

Normally when in an ortho and you hit or type orthocreate you get the dialog box up to select which models to include.... I do not see this and it is hanging until I press escape.

I have been advised that I need to use PnPProjectMaintenance.exe - but to move or copy my project I need to change from SQLite to SQL Server .................. to which I have no idea how to do / or if it will benefit ?

If anyone could help esp an Autodesk Expert - I would be very greatful as sat in site a cabin with pressure mounting and no IT support.

Many Thanks

Darren Goodman

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Dan.Scales
in reply to: darren.goodman

Hi,

Moving an SQLite project should not be a problem.

The things I would check are:

• Is the DWT specified available?
  • Is the DWT saved in Layout?

If the template is not available or is saved in modelspace the Ortho creation will stall.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 4
darren.goodman
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Dan

Thanks for the reply.

The Ortho Template and drawing template files if that is what you mean is on my C: drive, I am back on site Moday so I will double check.

When you say saved in a layout, I must be loosing it, as I am not sure what you mean, can you explain ?

To try and sort out the problem I have copied and modified all the project xml files to state the projects new server position and was going to try this Monday, and also run PnPLocalDataCachePurger to see if that helped.

Just concerned why it should hang when I try and open project settings and ortho create, so if you can think of anything else Dan - I would appreciate it.

Many thanks

Darren

Message 4 of 4
Dan.Scales
in reply to: darren.goodman

Hi Darren,

By Layout I mean saved in paperspace rather than modelspace.

I would not recommend editing the project.xml file manually. It should not be something that you need to do anyway.  I often receive customer projects that I place on our server here and have no issues with paths.

It is possible that the project you have on site was not copied correctly.

Try copying the working version you have in the office to another location and see if that works.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost