AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Crash

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sreid13
353 Views, 3 Replies

Migration Crash

Hi,

Everytime I try to migrate an existing 2011 Plant 3D drawing the program crashes. It also happens when trying to migrate a project.

I just tried creating a new project and the migrate worked. I then switched back to the previous project and tried migrating a drawing and it crashed. So im confused to why it is crashing on some but not others.

I had also been having crashes everytime I opened the program. It loaded everything then came up with a fatal error. I re-installed the program and that fixed the crash at startup problem.

I have sent the error reports for all the types of crashes i have had over the past day or so.

Cheers,

Scott

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: sreid13

Im having migration issues as well.

I copied an entire existing project (just to make sure the original was kept ok....ill trust the inbuilt backup tool when ive proven it works)

In 2012 i open the project.xml ... migrate wizard starts

Every thing seems ok...project files all migrate fine...then when the wizard gets to the source files...

ERROR: migrating "path to ...\oneofmymodelfiles.dwg" - no project is currently open

ive even tried creeating and opening a new 2012 project before the migration...so there defenitley was a project open prior to the migration process

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 3 of 4
RSFAdsk
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Please take a look at the Migraton.log file.  If it offers no solution, I would like a chance to look at it if you wish to upload the project ZIP to my dropbox where we can recreate and identify the problem.

For the startup problem, please try setting plantwelcomeenabled to zero.

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: RSFAdsk

the ERROR: line in my post is from the log file...says project files sucessfull but shows ERROR: for all model files....the log shows no other info....only gives option to exit (converted files will revert back to old version)

I managed to migrate it....I created a new project in 2012...i pointed the new location and folders to the same folders in the project i wanted to migrate. I then 'opened' the new project, then opened the old project and it migrated!

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost