AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line underlay Dashed on OrthoView

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Gabriel.N
804 Views, 6 Replies

Line underlay Dashed on OrthoView

Hello,

I would to know if there is a way to show something dashed under another thing on Ortho View, check annex image.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Dan.Scales
in reply to: Gabriel.N

Hi,

At the moment it is not possible to display hidden lines in an Ortho view that has been generated from a plant model.

A feature enhancement request has been logged with our development team for this functionality to be included.

Thanks,
Dan 

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 7
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: Dan.Scales

This is an important feature required. Hope this will be a part of release in Plant2014

Message 4 of 7
d.laboulle
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Hi ,

Do you know if this feature is part of Plant2014?
Message 5 of 7
EricNyh
in reply to: Gabriel.N

Hidden lines are available in the 2014 version, but you do not get to pick which hidden lines you would like to show.  The settings are show all hidden lines or none of them.  If you turn on the hidden lines feature, you'll be overwelmed with the detail.  For an example, for every orifice flange, the pipe bore and side tappings will show up.

I generally just draw in the ones I need at the moment.

Message 6 of 7
d.laboulle
in reply to: EricNyh

thank you,

That's a bit stupid,
because, if you want to modify the orthoview because your drawing has changed you have to select only the lines(layers) you want to display before to actualize the orthoview.
So if you have 20 orthoview, before actualizing each ortho, you have to select each time the line you want to display in the drawing.
Message 7 of 7
EricNyh
in reply to: d.laboulle

Stupid is as stupid does.  Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost