AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line numbers and valve tags

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Stumble
567 Views, 4 Replies

Line numbers and valve tags

I noticed that when assigning line numbers and valve tags to components that have copied, these tags and numbers are not kept.  After assigning, the component(s) will display the correct tag & number but later the same components will revert back to the properties of the original copied components and/or display as unassigned.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Bryan Appleton
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jessica
in reply to: Stumble

I have the same issue sometimes, does your program crash as well?  I find that if it has to be recovered then the pipe I've added since the last save losses its line number.  But I have also had problems with line numbers just disappearing.   this does not only happen when i copy, I have actually stopped copying pipe and valves all together becuase of this problem, but happens at random...If anyone knows why this is happening please post.

Message 3 of 5
ericjdj

Roman,

We had the same thing with 2011. It occurred when we run isogen.  Maybe the tag / linenumber is double in the project. And with generating isos, he sees the same object on the same coordinate somehow and then he disconnects or change the linenumber to nothing.... 

Its a big problem overhere too !!  

Do not know if they solved it in 2012. But do not use the save as function to create study models.... Linenumbers are doubled that way, and isogen looks per linenumber through the hole project....Isogen sees double Smiley Surprised

Regards,

Eric

Message 4 of 5
Stumble
in reply to: ericjdj

Thanks,

I'm not to ISOs yet.  I know that will be a big issue if the line numbers and tags are changing on their own or switching to unassigned after they are set to the correct number.

I'm running Plant 2011.  The tags and line numbers are unique to each line segment.

Thanks

Roman

Bryan Appleton
Message 5 of 5
Rich.O.3d

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/Loosing-line-number/m-p/2831117#M1622

Since upgrading to a proper SQL database, all tags / line# assignments have remained stable

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost