AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep construction lines after using PLANTCONVERTLINETOPIPE

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
PatrickByrne
721 Views, 6 Replies

Keep construction lines after using PLANTCONVERTLINETOPIPE

When using the "line to pipe" command (PLANTCONVERTLINETOPIPE), I select the construction lines for the pipe to draw, after putting in the pipe it deletes the construction lines. Is there a setting so that these lines are not deleted.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
richard
in reply to: PatrickByrne

Pick option erase after starting the Line to Pipe command, then select no.

Richard Strikker

CADTEAM.NL

Message 3 of 7
PatrickByrne
in reply to: richard

Thank you, do you know if there is a setting for that so that the line is never erased?

Message 4 of 7
lanl

Hi PatrickByrne,

Currently, there is no such system variable to control the lines never be erased.

Thanks.

Lei Lan
Message 5 of 7
PatrickByrne
in reply to: lanl

Any chance you could be added to the wish list.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
chad70811

The way I accomplish converting line to pipe and keeping construction lines is to draw all construction lines on a dedicated layer (ex. Pipe Construction). I then freeze the "pipe construction layer before starting the line to pipe command. I then just thaw the pipe construction layer. It sounds complicated but I have toolbar button programed with a macro to do everything in one click. I will paste my macro below for reference. Just create a new custom command and program to button.

<^C^C-layer;s;0;lo;pipe_construction;;select \plantconvertlinetopipe -layer;u;pipe_construction;s;pipe_construction;; >

Chad

Message 7 of 7
tfs-us

It seems like every piping software handles slope in incredibly horrible ways. So, many years ago I just started drawing all my sloped lines with a 3DPolyline lisp routine. Because of my work flow and this default nature, I've found the auto-delete on the LineToPipe command to be very annoying.

So, this is how I run the command now:

(defun C:CDD () ;C.onvert, but D.on't D.elete
  (command "PLANTCONVERTLINETOPIPE" "E" "NO")
  (princ)
  )

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost