AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isometrics Issues: Several components are merged into one row in BOM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
followsea
840 Views, 3 Replies

Isometrics Issues: Several components are merged into one row in BOM

I encountered a problem when generating isometrics:

Several components with same type and different size  are merged into one row in BOM,  and are  gived the same item number, Quatity is the sum of all.

LDFMLY.jpg

Above I use "Long description (Family)" for the <description> field in the table. After I Change it to "Long description (Size)" , then it becames:

LDSIZE.jpg

This time the PIPES are correct, but FITTINGS/FLANGES/VALVES are still not.

I Found that this happens only when I use  specs built by myself(Such as Spec base on GB Catalogue), When I model the same pipes with Specs come with the software, it will be allright. Below is  the BOM appears modeling by Spec CS150:

CS150.jpg

Then it's no problem.

Any one know why? This problem is annoying me and my colleagues very  much. So many Isometric drawings must be  amended by hand!

P3D 2012 and P3D 2013 have the same problem.

PS: Searching the forum found that others have the same problem, but there's no resolution untill now.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/ISO-configuration-issues/m-p/3267102/highlight/true#M...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/BOM-Need-for-every-size-an-own-pos-no/m-p/3609146/hig...

PCFs:

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
neonade
in reply to: followsea

This seems to be strange.Seems working ok with my Plant3d 2013.

Could you post your specs so that I can use it.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: neonade

You might have specified the Item code for the above items same in you custom spec, that would have caused this issue.

Please check your spec again.

Message 4 of 4
followsea
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

The itemcode of all the spec is blank. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost