AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isometrics - Field Welds - AutoCad Plant 3D 2012

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
killian.lynch
4469 Views, 14 Replies

Isometrics - Field Welds - AutoCad Plant 3D 2012

I'm trying to change some welds to "Field Fit", it works fine on some services but on others I only get the option of "Field" or "Shop", there is no option for "Field Fit". Any ideas why? I'm also having trouble getting Plant 3D  to break the iso's where I indicate the "Break points". Any hints/tips on creating Iso's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Killian

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
tarrynd
in reply to: killian.lynch

Spoiler

Hi There

I am having the exact same problem with the field fit welds and I cannot find any documentation on it. Have you managed to solve this issue?

Kind regards.

Message 3 of 15
tarrynd
in reply to: tarrynd

Hi There

This is because of the end type. Only certain end types allow for the Field Fit option. I changed all my Port 2 end types to BV for my flanges so that this option becomes available. It's a pity.

Message 4 of 15
thebearjed

Field Fit Welds should only apply to Pipe. 

Message 5 of 15
PeterQuinn

Are you unable to set the welded end of a flange as field fit? Am I understanding the issue correctly? Is this all flanges, or only some types?

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 15
tarrynd

The weld between my flange and pipe needs to be a field fit welld. Both of my ports on my pipe are PL. If my flange's end types are set to port1=FL and port2=SO then I do not have the option to change it to a field fir weld, I only have the option of "SHOP" or "FIELD", but if i change the end types of my flange to port1=FL and port2=BV then in my model the "FIELD FIT" option also becomes available. Prior to this I was working with AutoPlant and I was able to change the type of weld no matter what the end types of my flanges (for example) were.

I have attached 2 screen shots to show exactly what I mean.

Message 7 of 15
tarrynd

I have figured out how to add in the Field Fit option. It is all done through the "Project Setup" dialogue box. I navigated to "Plant 3D DWG settings>Plant 3D Class Definitions>Piping and Equipment>Fasteners>Slip On", from there I went to the "Shop_Field" row and changed the default value column From ShopFieldTypes to WeldShopFieldTypes (see attached image). This then gave me the option of Field_Fit in my Model for the specific connector. Unfortunately it does not come through in my Iso with the FFW as well as the correct symbol on the connection. This issue has been logged with Autodesks developement team and hopefully a solution will be provided soon.

Tarryn

Message 8 of 15
dave.wolfe

Did you change the skey for the slip on?

Also, the isoconfig.xml will put in the FFW if the type of the item is: FieldFitWeld, so you may want to modify the Content Iso Symbol Definitions to something like TYPE=FieldFitWeld and it should get called out.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 9 of 15
tarrynd
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Hi Dave

I didnt change the SKEY. The person I was dealing with at Autdesk came back saying that they were able to re create the issue and it is a bug and has been handed on to the developement team. I havent heard anything since. 

Are you saying that because I changed the "Shop_Field" property I need to now change the SKEY and then change the Content Iso Symbol as well?

Tarryn

Message 10 of 15
dave.wolfe

No, I'm saying that if you want the slip on to be called out as FFW, putting TYPE=FieldFitWeld in the content iso symbol definition will do. The bug is probably that the correct type is not set when the property changes.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 11 of 15
tarrynd

Hi Dave

Could you give me an example?

I changed the Iso Symbol Type to FieldFitWeld and then when I pulled an Iso the Flange wouldnt come through because it wasnt recognised.

Am I changing the wrong thing?

Message 12 of 15
dave.wolfe

Can you post a screenshot of what you changed?

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 13 of 15

This is still an issue in 2016. I thought the developemnt team was working on a fix back in 2012. Is there a better work around than described in this thread?

Message 14 of 15
cadVVUC8

Still exists in 2018.

Message 15 of 15
vinmalixi
in reply to: cadVVUC8

same here P3D 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost