AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isogen & existing valves

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1071 Views, 9 Replies

Isogen & existing valves

I have a section of pipework which is existing containing a flanged valve.

I select the pipwork, vlaves,bolts/gaskets and change status to existing

I then run isogen on the line and everything shows as dashed (existing) all these items are not scheduled all apart for the bolts which do schedule?

I then Ctrl+pick on the bolt symbol and find that the bolt is not set to existing but is still new, change this setting and go to run Isogen

Isogen comes up with the following message and does not create the iso

[Error: 13] IDFGEN did not complete successfully

rest the bolt back to New and it runs fine?

Have tried this in both 2010 & 2011 same thing in both.

Any fixes or workarounds? (and i do need to show the existing valve as existing)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ratti
in reply to: Anonymous

Philip,

Could you please attach the pcf thats causing the failure? The pcf will be in the Isogen\Inputs folder.

The bolts should have the attribute BOLT-NOT-ON-MATERIAL-LIST after their Status is changed to Existing.

Thanks.

Ratti.

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ratti

I tried this on the sample model supplied by autodesk and same issue happens so looks like it is a bug in the programe.

File 002-ago-100.pcf is with everything selected and changed to existing (not including ctrl picking on bolts to change there status) DWG file is made and no error message is given. bolts only are called up.

File 002-ago-100-error.pcf is with everything selected and changed to existing )including ctrl picking on bolts and changing there status to existing) DWG file is NOT made and error message is given.

files have had .txt added to them due to this forum not allowing pcf file extensions??? COME ON AUTODESK THESE FILES ARE PART OF ONE OF YOUR PROGRAMES THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED HERE!!!!!

Message 4 of 10
ratti

Philip,

You are right. This is a defect. Thanks much for brining this to our attention. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with a workaround at this time.

This issue will be fixed in a future release.

Thanks.

Ratti.

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Hi

I got this error too

Did thie issue be fixed ?

Thanks

Message 6 of 10
ratti

Jim,

Yes. This issue is fixed in the upcoming release - AutoCAD Plant3D 2012.

HTH.

Ratti.

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

please define : upcoming

a date (or at least a month...quarter....year???) would be nice.

I was expecting to be kept up to date with the developments and late release announcments on the plant exchange site, but.....

Message 8 of 10
jenakap1

Hello,

We cannot disclose exact product release dates for legal reasons.  However, in the past we have released around August.  HTH.  Thanks.

-
Pat Jenakanandhini
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Message 9 of 10
EileenForan

Hi richos69:

The product release will be announced on AutoCAD Plant Exchange, here on this discussion forum, and on other social media outlets. If you are interested, you can follow us @PlantExchange on Twitter, or go to the AutoCAD Plant Exchange page on facebook (www.facebook.com/autocadplantexchange, where any new updates (such as new content packs, training opportunities, service pack releases, product releases, etc) are announced.

Hope this helps. We will make sure you and others on these discussion forums are informed the moment the products are available.

All the best,

Eileen

Eileen Foran
Community Program Manager
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

all those that have an IT dept that will allow twitter or facebook say aye.........oh thats right.....computer says NO...cough!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost