AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iso symbol for Clamp fasteners

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Boxx250
1793 Views, 7 Replies

Iso symbol for Clamp fasteners

Using one of the Victaulic specs, clamps show up in the catalogue/spec editor as TYPE=CLAMP, SKEY=CLVT but insert into the drawing as a P3Dconnector (with no SKEY field listed in the properties box, nor are they available as separate components in the tool palette or spec browser). 

When an iso is generated, the clamps show up in the BOM under fasteners heading but the iso symbol shows as a 'MissingIsoSymbolPlaceholder...', aka a box with an asterisk inside.

I did edit the IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap.xml to include SKEY=CLVT (and variations there-of) hoping the 'MissingIsoSymbolPlaceholder...' would be replaced with the iso clamp symbol the that already exists in the Plant3dIsoSymbols drawing, to no avail. 

What am I missing???

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
PeterQuinn
in reply to: Boxx250

Is CLVT the right SKEY? I thought it was CLMP.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
patpat79

Had you created a block for your skey?

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 4 of 8
Boxx250
in reply to: PeterQuinn

The spec from Victaulic specifies the SKEY as CLVT, I wouldn't have thought it mattered one way or the other as long as that SKEY is mapped correctly?

Having said that, I did change the SKEY to CLMP as you mentioned & that seems to make the clamp symbol show correctly on the iso.

Message 5 of 8
Boxx250
in reply to: patpat79

I was using the 'standard' clamp skey symbol (block) that already exists in the Plant3dIsoSymbols (the appearance of this one seems to make the most sense), so short answer, yes, I do have a block for my skey!
Am I correct in my thinking that as long as the SKEY is mapped correctly to an existing block the symbol will appear on the iso?
Message 6 of 8
patpat79

Yes that's how it goes

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 7 of 8
malreid
in reply to: patpat79

If the clever people who set up the SKEY mapping xml file put clamp type connectors under 'Flanges' rather than under 'Pipe Supports' (what thought process was behind that one???) it would be a lot easier for you to have resolved the problem. It's just taken me two hours to stumble across this quirk to make iso's drop correctly without placeholders for Victaulic couplings.

Message 8 of 8
batone79

you must use..

TYPE=CLAMP,SKEY=COVT

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost