AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iso Symbol for Tapping Saddle?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Marc_VDZ
2715 Views, 5 Replies

Iso Symbol for Tapping Saddle?

Hello everbody,

I made some parts in the catalogue I use for HDPE and PP fittings: Clamp saddles and Tapping Tees. For the Clamp Saddles I use the following SKEY: GCSC (Olet). Is there an SKEY I can use for the Tapping Tees ? The problem is that the branch of the tapping tee is in the vertical direction and the the main direction is the same as the pipe on which the clamp saddle is connected to. For the branch of the Clamp saddle there is no problem: it is the same for the two branches (vertical).

Can somebody help me with this ?

Thx,

Marc

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
btrevena
in reply to: Marc_VDZ

Hi Marc,

I use LASC or THSC for my Clamp-On branch connections that behave like an Olet.

Victaulic, PVC and PE Catalogues.

See video link demonstrating placement in 3D model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bifudfTfbO0

Bruce

Message 3 of 6
Marc_VDZ

Hi brevena,

For the type of Clamp-on branch you use, I use the OLET and HCSC Skey.

For the Tapping Tee I use the MISC-COMPONENT and NC** Skey.  Buth what I was looking for is a symbol that takes in account that there is a difference (vertical) in de dimensions of the two axes: the main axes is lower than the axe of the branch.

Thanks for the response.

Marc

Message 4 of 6
Dan.Scales

Hi, Could you upload a screen shot showing how you would like this to look in the isometric drawing? Thanks, Dan

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 6
Marc_VDZ
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Dan,

What I was looking for (and tried to add a symbol in IsoSymbolStyles.dwg looks a bit like the schematic representation I added here:

I would like to have a symbol like the one in red: in fact it is just like an elbow placed vertically…. What is important is the “X” and “Z” value while dimensioning.

I don’t know if it is possible, therefore a big thank you for replying.

Regards,

Marc

Message 6 of 6
Boxx250

Marc, I am interested to know about the Clamped Saddles you created, the .png you've attached looks great. Are they from scratch or did you base them on something in an existing catalogue? We use these regularly & would like to incorporate them into our spec.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost