AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iso Continuation sheet number

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
EricNyh
2428 Views, 5 Replies

Iso Continuation sheet number

When you create an iso from a line, it could be placed on multiple sheets.  When the created iso is of the same line number, the sheet numbers are listed, for example -1, -2, -3.

For branches, you do not get the sheet number, just the 'system' number.

Is there a way to set up the annotations so that the "Other connected pipe lines" can show what sheet the branch is continued on?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
EricNyh
in reply to: EricNyh

I think I've just answered my own question.  It is not possible.  When the PCF file is created for a line, it does not know how many sheets the branch line will take, so it is unable to give this information.

Hopefully I am incorrect.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
mnewiraq2000

really I need to change numbering system
Message 4 of 6
milan_blom
in reply to: mnewiraq2000

See this thread;

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-general/how-to-set-isometrics-sheets-order/m-p/556645...

It's a solution to fix the ambiguous sheet order when running an isometric, but it also fixes your problem.

Basically you split the iso's yourself in sheets in the model, using the line number with the sheet number attached. This has the following advantages:

• The order in which the isometrics are generated does not change when you generate the isometrics after a change
  • The continuation to other lines are specific to one sheet (this is what you want right?)

The downside is that it's a little more work when modelling, because you have to manually split your lines to sheets.

Hope it helps.

Message 5 of 6
r.vanderend

If you want continuations like "Linenumber SH.2", inseed of "Linenumber-2" then you need to change the following line in your IsoConfig.xml:

Path

<PrefixModelProperties>
<!-- 'Name': (string); The model property name. -->
<!-- 'Delimiter': (string); The delimiter. -->
<ModelProperty Name="PIPELINE-REFERENCE" Delimiter=" SH."/>
</PrefixModelProperties>

I recommend to use an XML-Viewer like foxe (always backup your excisting IsoConfig.xml before making changes).

Message 6 of 6
phil.cooper
in reply to: r.vanderend

I wanted to change the delimiter to 'SHT' instead of '-', I modified the isoconfig file as per your instruction.

It modifies the delimiter in the file name, but not on the annotation on the drawing.

Do you know how to also modify the delimiter on the annotation on the drawing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost