AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it a bug or sth error else?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lyowbeen
271 Views, 2 Replies

Is it a bug or sth error else?

Hi,all.

I got a very strange issue with the ND(Size) in BOM when created iso.

In my catalog and spec, there is a clamp, which has size from 15mm to 40mm, but the Size Parameters are the same. You can see that in the ‘Clamp Catalog.pcat’ after you unzip the attachment.

15   D=50.5mm

20   D=50.5mm

25   D=50.5mm

40   D=50.5mm

Next, I create a 3D pipe model. There are three clamps. Their size are 25mm, 40mm, 20mm. The picture below shows that. In the Properties, the size are correct.

1.png

Next, I create a quick iso. The ND value(Size) of the clamps in the BOM are the same!

2.png

Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Thanks!

Bin.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Attila.Vallyon
in reply to: lyowbeen

Hi!

I have very similar connections. I design boireactors with ASME BPE tri-clamp connections and the flange dimensions for 1/4" to 3/4" and 1" to 1 1/2" sizes are the same. Therefore the required clamps are the same as well. Only difference is the gasket, the ID of the gaskets.

In your case all clamps have 50.5 mm OD, if I understand correctly.

By the way, you can change the geometry of the tri-clamp in the model if you don't like the default model.

Because you can not import custom geometry in the catalog, since the tri-clamp is a fastener.

And there is no way to import custom geometry in the catalog for a fastener unfortunately.

But I managed to replace all tri-clamps from 1/4" to 6" in the model. and those still work properly.

I can explain you If you interested.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 3 of 3
lyowbeen
in reply to: Attila.Vallyon

Thanks! Attila.

I'm afraid that you didn't fully understand what I mean. I don't think it is easy for me to describe that clearly since my mother language isn't English.

In fact, there is only one kind of clamp which has different nominal diameter. If you download the attachment and have a try, you'll know what I'm saying.

However, I'm glad that you can pay attention to this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost