AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Fusion to Plant 3D unit issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JT_Entech
323 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Fusion to Plant 3D unit issue

I have drawn a part in Inventor Fusion in inches and saved it as a .DWG file. However whenever I open it in Plant 3D, the part distorts and becomes huge. Plant seems to think that my drawing was in decimeters and is "converting" it to inches. In other words, my 8" drawing has become about 31". I have tried to type "units" into plant and changing that to inches, but that did nothing. I also made sure my project in Plant was initially set up in imperial units. I also tried to open the .DWG in Autocad with the same problem. The only other time I can get the correct dimentions in Plant is when I try to "Add Custom Part". However, this is not particularlly helpful for I am trying to add the part to my catalog via spec editor. When I have attempted to do this and then selected it in plant, the part becomes huge again. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
patpat79
in reply to: JT_Entech

Actually , i really think your problem is just in the units itself. If you had inserted your (inches)Model in a (milimeter)DWG, you would get that result. In your case, change back your units to inches on your said DWG file, then open a new DWG, change its units to inches then copy paste your model to that new DWG file and give us a feed back about the result. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost