AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insulating Flange Kits

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
PLANToftheAPES
1068 Views, 11 Replies

Insulating Flange Kits

How would we place an insulating flange kit at specified flanged joints?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

I need a solution for this as well. I can add an Iso Message but need for this item to generate in the Iso BOM and the Report Creator/BOM.

Message 3 of 12

@PLANToftheAPES  could you please provide some snapshot for better understanding?

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).
Message 4 of 12
DACOMA3
in reply to: PLANToftheAPES

You could create a duplicate component of the gasket and change the Description to read what is needed for the BOM.  Then when you are modeling you could use the Substitute Part to change the component from gasket to insulating kit when needed.

Message 5 of 12
rajendra.prajapat
in reply to: DACOMA3

@DACOMA3  please create the new component in fastner categroy as insulating kit.you cant take collar or backing ring for example.after creating the compnent modfiy the flange joint set up and in spec filter tick the backing pr collar which you have taken in component creation.you will get the insulting kit in your BOM.

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).
Message 6 of 12
DACOMA3
in reply to: rajendra.prajapat

@rajendra.prajapat 

I was just responding to @PLANToftheAPES  as to one solution to their issue.  

Message 7 of 12

Thanks all for the suggestions. I will try them and let you all know my results.
Message 8 of 12

Since it's not very common, we just do Add Custom Part --> Part Type: Inline Instrument --> Shape browser --> Advanced Shape Options... --> Fasteners --> Collar

We then set the type in content iso symbol definition in the items properties along with changing the long description.

It works, it doesn't have an impact on dimensions, and it'll show up in the BOM / on the iso.

One of these days we'll get around to adding it to the specs.

George

If my post offers a solution, please click "Accept as Solution"
Message 9 of 12

Thanks George, I will try that. Great suggestion.

Message 10 of 12
Ray_K

I created a insulating gasket and new boltset with longer length, but when I used in the model it did not pick-up the longer bolt length. Need help to get longer bolt length on insulating gasket connection.

I am not sure if this procedure is correct:

1. created new insulating gasket by copying similar normal gasket, change description and thickness

2 .created new boltset by copying similar boltset and change description, make the length longer and even increased the flange thickness

3. add to the spec

4. use in the model and substitute part to insulating gasket, this works as expected

5. substitute part to the newly created boltset but the length did not change.

Appreciate if someone can help.

Message 11 of 12
DACOMA3
in reply to: Ray_K

@Ray_K 

As far as I know the bolt lengths will not dynamically update even after substituting with the new (longer) bolt set.

Please see screenshot below from Autodesk.

DACOMA3_0-1652405819607.png

Message 12 of 12
Ray_K

Hi,

I'm still working on it to give the right stud length. For now I manual change the Length under Part Geometry Property. It not perfect solution but its a good work around for now.

I will let you know if i find better solution.

Bolt Length override.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost