AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrumentation for Plant 2011

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
chbiz
1673 Views, 4 Replies

Instrumentation for Plant 2011

Hi all,

I've been playing around with the different specs, specifically how to add an instrument class to show PI, TI etc.

Perhaps I'm missing something as I can't figure out how to create one which is recognized by isogen, or even see a 3D class for instruments other than the inline variety.

What I've done is modeled the instrument as a piece of equipment, ok this works for now, but the iso produced will show being connected to a piece of equipment with nozzle number, not exactly ideal.

I'm coming from an AutoPLANT background which supported instruments nicely.

Is there an easier way to do this? Any tutorials floating around?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MMSW
in reply to: chbiz

chbiz,

The only way you can have instruments is to add them to spec as new component, create a block to represent a gage and then in the catalog editor create new component > use custom geometry.

Select a category, probably valve and then assign the block to the component, in the component properties define the skey=IDFL, type=INSTRUMENT-DIAL this way they apprear nicley on the isometric drawings. I have done this and it works.

Regards

Message 3 of 5
chbiz
in reply to: MMSW

Great, Thanks for the info, will save me a huge headache.

Message 4 of 5
alvaro.nimasco
in reply to: chbiz

Hi,

I followed your procedure and it works fine, but when making the isometric for some reason, that I couldn't find out yet,  the instrument splits the line in different files. Its a flanged flow meter, 2 ports. All components, including the flow meter,  have the same line tag number.. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: MMSW

An instrument is NOT a valve.

If you make it like that, then the instruments show in the data manager as a valve...not so good for making valve schedules.

Has anyone worked out how to make an instrument in a cat that shows as instrument not a valve

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost