Contributor
chbiz
Message 1 of 5 (1,250 Views)
Accepted Solution

Instrumentation for Plant 2011

1250 Views, 4 Replies
10-14-2010 12:41 AM

Hi all,

I've been playing around with the different specs, specifically how to add an instrument class to show PI, TI etc.

Perhaps I'm missing something as I can't figure out how to create one which is recognized by isogen, or even see a 3D class for instruments other than the inline variety.

What I've done is modeled the instrument as a piece of equipment, ok this works for now, but the iso produced will show being connected to a piece of equipment with nozzle number, not exactly ideal.

I'm coming from an AutoPLANT background which supported instruments nicely.

Is there an easier way to do this? Any tutorials floating around?

Thanks

Valued Contributor
MMSW
Message 2 of 5 (1,211 Views)

Re: Instrumentation for Plant 2011

10-15-2010 08:41 PM in reply to: chbiz

chbiz,

The only way you can have instruments is to add them to spec as new component, create a block to represent a gage and then in the catalog editor create new component > use custom geometry.

Select a category, probably valve and then assign the block to the component, in the component properties define the skey=IDFL, type=INSTRUMENT-DIAL this way they apprear nicley on the isometric drawings. I have done this and it works.

Regards

Contributor
chbiz
Message 3 of 5 (1,177 Views)

10-18-2010 08:32 AM in reply to: MMSW

Great, Thanks for the info, will save me a huge headache.

Valued Contributor
alvaro.nimasco
Message 4 of 5 (1,011 Views)

11-06-2010 03:09 AM in reply to: chbiz

Hi,

I followed your procedure and it works fine, but when making the isometric for some reason, that I couldn't find out yet,  the instrument splits the line in different files. Its a flanged flow meter, 2 ports. All components, including the flow meter,  have the same line tag number.. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Valued Mentor
Rich.O.3d
Message 5 of 5 (458 Views)

09-14-2011 12:24 AM in reply to: MMSW

An instrument is NOT a valve.

If you make it like that, then the instruments show in the data manager as a valve...not so good for making valve schedules.

Has anyone worked out how to make an instrument in a cat that shows as instrument not a valve

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community