AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument Tags on PID DWG's not printing correctly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jwedeking00
1248 Views, 3 Replies

Instrument Tags on PID DWG's not printing correctly

I'm using Plant 3d 2012 and I am having trouble printing the instrument tag wipeouts when using plant 3d.  I've ensured my textmask variables are set correctly however this still does not work.

(I posed this in P&ID Forum however this seems the proper venue)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgrant775
in reply to: jwedeking00

I'm having the same issue with longer tags.  The mask seams to be plotting after the circle.  I edited the default annotation block from Project Setup and changed the standard text style to ROMAN S and 0.8 Width Factor.  It looks fine on screen, but plots incorrectly.

Message 3 of 4
jwedeking00
in reply to: dgrant775

About two weeks ago I received an e-mail from Autodesk through my CAD support proxy...Autodesk says they are pushing for a fix as soon as possible however they have given no indication how much time this will take or an actual guarantee that a hotfix will come out for this problem.  Hopefully they will issue a fix for this instead of making us wait for Plant 3D 2013.  I can tell you that the wipeouts worked correctly in Plant 3D 2011.  Thanks

Message 4 of 4
dgrant775
in reply to: jwedeking00

The drawing order of the Wipeout objects in the instrument block have to be above the instrument symbol outline (i.e. the circle), but behind the instrument text.  If the instrument outline is changed through block editing by resizing, changing color, etc, then this moves the draw order above the Wipeout Object.    

While editing the annotation block through Project Setup, change the drawing order of the instrument symbol to "back", but use the "Send Under Objects" command not "Send to Back."  For some reason "Send to Back" doesn't always work.

DGrant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost