AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import / Export SPEC to Excel

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
vannmannen
1686 Views, 5 Replies

Import / Export SPEC to Excel

Hi. My company just purchased plant 3D and it looks like a great package.

Issue: when I key-in information for a straight asme tee in the spec editor, there are 3 columns where you can manually input wall thickness.

Exporting the spec to excel: I only get option to key-in wall thickness in 1 column (and not 3 separate columns like in the spec editor). When importing the file back to spec editor, no wall thickness information I keyed-in is reflected in the spec 😞

What to do?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rajsekarpillai
in reply to: vannmannen

Hi,

The dimension parameters can’t be edited though Excel spread sheet.

The only workaround that I could think, use the Catalog editor to set the dimension values and add the components into Spec again.

Thanks & Regards,

S. R. Rajasekaran
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
ybogdanov
in reply to: rajsekarpillai

Or Catalog Builder (version beta) and than export the excel to exist catalog.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 4 of 6
rajsekarpillai
in reply to: ybogdanov

Hi,

The Catalog builder is not editor of existing Catalog. The Catalog builder is very useful when you create new Catalog.

Thanks & Regards,

S. R. Rajasekaran
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
Jorgen1990
in reply to: vannmannen

Hi! I'm facing the same problem. Is there still no better solution that typing wall thicknesses in in the catalog editor? I have an EN fittings catalog (elbows, tees, reducers) where I want to add wall thicknesses and even more, I want to create each size with multiple wall thicknesses to choose from. Assigning the wall thicknesses manually in the catalog editor would be enormously time consuming (key in wall thickness->"all ports have the same properties"->"save to catalog" for each single part in the catalog). Isn't there any workaround to get to enter the wall thichnesses in Excel?

Cheers,

Jörgen

Message 6 of 6
Jorgen1990
in reply to: Jorgen1990

And also, in the spec editor, when I want to duplicate one size in a part family and click "duplicate size", I expect the dimensions and long descrition (size) to remain the same, but somehow these fields are all blank after duplicating, so "duplicate size" button gives the same results as "new size". Is this some kind of a bug? I am using Spec Editor 2013.

Jörgen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost