AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO annotations - can I modify them?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
marodilp
601 Views, 4 Replies

ISO annotations - can I modify them?

Hello!

I want to put custom annotation, to branches on the ISO-s, with Wnd connection annotations / Open pipe ends.

I give the connection settings the following: <P3dLineGroup.Tag>-<Pipe.Size> (It is just an example, if I could make this work, I can specify the content)

But nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? 

If not this, what is the easiest way to put custom annotation to pipes on ISO?

(Without changing the original piping tag in iso)

Thanks!

Cheers,

Laszlo

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PeterQuinn
in reply to: marodilp

I'm not sure what you're asking. If you want to add a custom message to a piece of pipe on an iso then add an iso message to the model.

If you want to add to the connected to/on/open end annotation on the iso, there's a spot to do that in the UI. Is this what you're trying and it's not working?

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
marodilp
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Hello Peter!

So, I had branches, that I should mark on the ISO drawing field, the generated iso model.

For example, I had a main header pipe, and 30 little branches, smaller diameters, bores, and they have an extra identifier or tag(plus attribute or anything), that I want to put on the drawing area. The original ISO pipe tag is not good for this purpose, because this identifier is not the pipe line group tag.

So I have a main pipe, and I want a lot of branches with a note(from the attribute): BR1, BR2, BR3 etc., and maybe with nominal diameters, BR1 DN4, BR2 DN4. BR3 DN6 etc. ISO message looks good, but I have hundreds of these little branches, so that is not the way for this.

How is it possible?

Thank you!

Cheers, Laszlo

Message 4 of 5
jabowabo
in reply to: marodilp

You need to add the property to your Iso.atr file in the style folder under 'BOM-ATTRIBUTES'.  Sounds like there is probably a better way to do this than through the connection annotation.  Can you post a screen shot or sketch of what you want the finished product to look like?

Message 5 of 5
marodilp
in reply to: jabowabo

Hello!

I attached my main demands with iso.

-the small branches (bores) should have a unique tag (BR1, BR2, ...)

-all the fittings should have their unique annotation(that I define by the Plant3D Class definition option inside project setup) on the iso

-by nearly 180 degree angles, the "big" angle should be on the drawing

-all the pipes should have their DN sizes (Long description size)

Thank you!

Laszlo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost