AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO annotations - can I modify them?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1293 Views, 10 Replies

ISO annotations - can I modify them?

There are a couple things that come in with the text when I run an ISO that I would like to turn off but I can't figure out how.  I know the annotation style is Adskisoannotation, but is there a way to get in there and customize it?  Or is that what I would even do?  Anyway, all the size call outs come in with an "NS" after the size, i.e. 4" NS.  Also, I would like to change the "X" in the reducer size callout to be a lower case "x".  It comes in upper case. There is no "anno" anything when I go in to "edit ISO symbols" either.  Out of ideas. Please help!

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I was able to get rid of the "NS" in the isoconfig.xml files and thought I found where to change the "X" to lowercase but that one didn't work.  Still investigating that one....

If anyone needs to know where the "NS" configuration is, I have it written down and will forward if needed.

Message 3 of 11
jabowabo

There is a 'forceuppercase' option at the beginning of the isoconfig.xml.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: jabowabo

Thanks so much.  It worked!  I don't know much about xml just yet but have been able to figure a few things out.  Again thank you.

Message 5 of 11
forrumako

how did you do?? because i met this problem also. pls tell me

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: forrumako

Is there a way to have a mix? I'm wanting Material, Description, Sch./Class  to be upper case but Qty & ND to be lower case. Am think you would need to set the first Forcecase to false  then have other Forcecase to individual areas for Material , Description &  Sch/Class?

Anyone able to help?

Message 7 of 11
dave.wolfe

You can create duplicate columns but that have upper case values, by setting up a calculated property (PLANTDEFINECALCPROPERTIES command) using something like this:

2014-07-14_15-14-13.jpg

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thanks will look into using this.

Message 9 of 11
scarughi

How did you get rid of the "NS" in the isoconfig.xml.? Can you let me know how

scarughi
Message 10 of 11
julie_havard
in reply to: jabowabo

If I want to increase the size of the iso arrow, is it possible in isoconfig.xml and is it the good way?

Message 11 of 11
jabowabo
in reply to: julie_havard

If you mean the FlowArrow, you can use Block Editor in the IsoSymbolStyles.dwg file to scale it as required.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost