AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO Flow Direction

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Asimo5000
796 Views, 3 Replies

ISO Flow Direction

I am pretty well versed in Plant3D settings, getting better an better by the day. I come from an AutoCAD P&ID background and we've  been implementing Plant3D since August.

What defines the ISO flow direction by default. What I mean is not the flow of a pipe (since there is no "flow" for a 3D model), but what initially sets the start and end point for an ISO?

There is a known bug with ISO Flow Arrow addition, which comes out backwards on an ISO, and as far as I know this has no impact on which sheet becomes first.

There is a setting for reverse start and endpoint. I would prefer to know what is the start and end point BEFORE producing an ISO. That way if its a routing procedure that should be adapted, we won't have to produce it, check it, then toggle reverse any time we notice an issue.

Thoughts are appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Asimo5000
in reply to: Asimo5000

Based on the other posts I have read, there is a bug related to flow arrow's direction. And there is no way to determine which way the sheet flow is without producing the iso first (apparently logged as future development back in 2012).

I guess I have my answer

Message 3 of 4
EricNyh
in reply to: Asimo5000

Have you had success reversing the flow in the advance iso settings?  I haven't been able to get this to work.  At least it dosen't seem to work for me.

Message 4 of 4
Asimo5000
in reply to: EricNyh

Seems to work for me, but you have no way of knowing what the direction will be until you produce it once first.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost