AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rotate the ortho view cube and import a model to Invenor?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1753 Views, 3 Replies

How to rotate the ortho view cube and import a model to Invenor?

Hello.

I have P3D 2013.

I want to rotate the view cube when I'm making a ortho view. How can I do that? I tried to left click and choose "rotate", but then I just move the cube and don't rotated it.

Is it possible to import a dumb solid (not shown as a wireframe) into Inventor from P3D? I would like to make a 2D drawing of the P3D modell in Inventor.

Regards

Therese

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rave.Tam
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are trying to make 3d ortho view, it its not supported until 2014 version. But not sure why viewcube does not work.

Yes, you can just use exporttoautocad command to convert a drawing to a dumb AutoCAD 3d model.
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Rave.Tam

Thanks for your answer.

So I should have the opportunity to rotate the view cube when I defines the ortho view? Maybe I need a service pack?

When I use "exporttoautocad" and opens the DWG in Inventor, the model is shown as a wireframe and not as a solid, see the picture as attachment.

Regards

Therese

Message 4 of 4
Rave.Tam
in reply to: Anonymous

You could try installing the latest Service Pack.

For the DWG, it seems you're opening the drawing directly. Can you generate 2d drawings from that? From my memory, you can import a 3d dwg as an assembly/part. Then you can use that to create a 2d drawing.

Anyway, i don't have inventor now but when i open up in Inventor Fusion and it shows properly.
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost