AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle Xref in Piping models

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hardsniffer
741 Views, 2 Replies

How to handle Xref in Piping models

Dear Users,

I work now with Autoplant from Bentley. In Autoplant I use RWA work area to load, attach and unload xref drawings to my project. When I make a new piping file e.g. Plant Air.dwg I want to have some of my equipment xreffed and some structural parts and even other piping files to detect clashes. How do I proper attach these drawings to my piping file? Is it done using plain Xref? Then I get circular references.

Please share your workflow.

Stephan 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rave.Tam
in reply to: hardsniffer

Master drawing by area, which xref piping, equipment and structure. Piping will then xref the master drawing. Yes, you'll get circular reference but it will resolved automatically.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: Rave.Tam

Circular XREFs should be easily broken, by OVERLAYing models for reference purposes and only ATTACHing models which are in any given sub-area.  It can take a bit of up-front planning but the organization makes coordination much easier, especially on projects with large numbers of models.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost