AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export Structure to Revit or Detail Structure ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Sam2M
1967 Views, 6 Replies

How to export Structure to Revit or Detail Structure ?

Hi

Plant 3D export structure under SDNF format.

But it seems than Revit Stucture and Structural Detailling are not able to read this format.

any solution ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
StructSub
in reply to: Sam2M

Hello,

AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011 allows you to save files in SDNF format. The software assigns to its files the extension "*. SDNF". Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis allows to open such files, but when they have the extension "*. s" or "*. sdf". So just rename the file created by AutoCAD Plant 3D to give him an extension "*. s" or "*. sdf". This will allow Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis to read this file without problem.

Regards.

Emmanuel.

Message 3 of 7
Sam2M
in reply to: StructSub

Hi

Thanks but my question was about exportations from plant 3D to

AutoCAD Structural Detailing

and

Autodesk Revit Structure

Message 4 of 7
Hermann.Semlitsch

i have the same problem. i created a steel structure in plant 3d but i will the edit / compled it in Structural Detailing...

have anyone a solution with Plant3D 2012?

Message 5 of 7

If you get the 'extensions' for Revit Structure pack from the subscription advantage pages then you will be able to import/export sdnf files (sdnf out from plant3d - then sdnf import in revit - then ASD link from revit to steel detailing)

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 6 of 7
Hermann.Semlitsch

thanks for the answer but when i import it in revit, the model have no the correct length...

i have attachted a pdf for example

Message 7 of 7

It's occured because in Plant3D you need to work in line view of structure (no "shape"). Because when you create the new memeber and in the shape visualization lengthen this memeber, the "control" line is not lengthen. That's why in shape view the structure has good visualization and in line not... And when you export to revit the plug-in use the "control"line of memeber (not virtual which is lenthen)

You can modificated your structure in the plant3D, changed the visualization mode (the first in the list)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost