AutoCAD Plant 3D General

Active Contributor
bapan_b
Message 1 of 4 (342 Views)

Half Coupling problem

342 Views, 3 Replies
10-08-2013 04:33 AM

I created the 3D model piping with Half Coupling. At the time of IOS generation it was generated in two different ISO drawing sheet. These two drawing are not linked with each other. I need to generate both Piping and Half Coupling in the same Isometric Drawing.

In advanced IOS creation dialog box, I also enable the check box which is forced to generate IOS in single sheet but still my problem is not solved.

please help me.

Valued Contributor
eadkins73
Message 2 of 4 (299 Views)

Re: Half Coupling problem

10-08-2013 02:06 PM in reply to: bapan_b

I believe you have to set up the half coupling like a threadolet with two ports, one at the center of the pipe and one on the coupling itself.  This way the half coupling would be attached to the pipe and the size would be more like 6" x 1" for example.

Active Contributor
milan.blom
Message 3 of 4 (276 Views)

10-09-2013 03:18 AM in reply to: eadkins73

Correct. Plant uses branch components, so you can't use a standard half coupling. You have to make a kind of threadolet or sockoloet with the dimensions of the half coupling.

The same goes for pipe nipples you want to use as a branch. You will have to make a nipolet like component for that.

Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 4 of 4 (253 Views)

10-09-2013 09:37 AM in reply to: bapan_b

Also, the Advanced Option to Force Iso onto One Sheet does not mean it can force it on one sheet. This is explained on the Plant 3D 2014 help for Advanced Iso Creation Options Dialog Box.

Force Iso onto One Sheet

Creates a single sheet regardless of the resulting congestion, if possible. If this cannot be done, the iso will split rather than fail to generate.

http://docs.autodesk.com/PLNT3D/2014/ENU/filesPLNT3D/GUID-79283A07-8E8C-4FDD-A6FF-39A7C4D26180.htm

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community