AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDPE DR 11 Flange Connection Settings

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
elfaraskoury
1858 Views, 7 Replies

HDPE DR 11 Flange Connection Settings

Hello,

I am working on a project in whcih i am using HDPE piping and I have downloaded IPS-ISCO Pipes & Fittings Catalog from Autodesk Exchange however, I am facing a problem when trying to connect a Back Up Ring Flange to a Pipe. It displays an error message saying "Cannot Connect Parts, No Connection defined for end types FL & Lap in the config file". I tried to set a connection for these end types but i didn't succeed. I will appreciate your support regarding this urgent issue.

Thanks,

Ahmed El Faraskoury

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Vasu27
in reply to: elfaraskoury

Hi,

Can you please try adding PPL as END2 for 'Stub-end lapped joint' (Simple Joints) and 'Auto flange Joint' (Compound Joints), through Project Setup and check.

Thanks

Vasu

Message 3 of 8
joeboise
in reply to: Vasu27

Bumping this because I have the same problem, tried suggested solution and it's still not working.

thanks

Message 4 of 8
erikrutherford2625

Hi Vasu,

Your suggested fix worked for me. I thought I'd give this feedback in case there are still folks out there having this issue. 

Thank you,

-Erik

Message 5 of 8
GokhanKeskin
in reply to: elfaraskoury

Here is the solution with step-by-step graphic explanation by Gokhan Kaya

http://www.kgokhan.com/Blog/?p=466

Message 6 of 8

Hi Gokhan, I have come across another complication with the HDPE pipe spec. I was able to get flange adapters working for pipe sizes up to 12" using the solution provided, however anything larger than 12" gives this error message when adding a backup ring:

Capture.JPG

I cannot find a reason why gaskets for the smaller piping works, but larger piping doesn't. Do you have any suggestions? 

Thank you

Message 7 of 8
wstowe
in reply to: erikrutherford2625

I am having a similar issue. I have placed all the parts I know is needed. Stub-end and Backing Ring and I have played around with connection settings. Still can't get this to work I keep getting the below error about not finding the right size of backing ring. The ring is in the spec. 

Any ideas?

The error at the end of the list just showed up. My last change to connection settings must have caused that. It can be ignored.

Thanks!

111.PNG

Message 8 of 8
wstowe

This worked for me...sorta. I place the valve and everything looks correct, flange adapter and backing ring are inserted, as long as i'm still in the command to place the valve. As soon as I press enter to complete the command the flange adapters(stub-ends) disappears but the backing ring stays. 

Any ideas why my flange adapters go away.

The left valve is when still in the place valve command, the right is when I exit the command.stub end gone.PNG 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost