AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing Isometric onto 1 sheet that contains a loop

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Chavez79
578 Views, 5 Replies

Forcing Isometric onto 1 sheet that contains a loop

Is there a known bug when forcing an iso onto one sheet that has a piping loop? It will either fail or produce an iso that is unreadable every time. We are running 2014 with extension 2. If someone knows how to get this to work, please let me know. The hand editing is a killer.

Thanks,

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
PeterQuinn
in reply to: Chavez79

Yes. Loops aren't always generated correctly when shown entirely on one sheet. With normal splitting, they are split so they do draw correctly.

We're working on it.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
Kkelly31
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Is there any update to this bug?  Has it been addressed in 2015?

Message 4 of 6
MGO-Norsyn
in reply to: Kkelly31

It is still a bug in 2020 😉 I am experiencing this today.

Message 5 of 6
Tocs
in reply to: Chavez79

This is still a bug in 2021. I haven't tested the latest two versions though. 

So how in 2014 "We're working on it." - Autodesk  and in 8 years its still not fixed?

This is a common thing to bypass a large valve with a small bypass to allow for re-pressurization. To get the iso to generate we need to add break points to move the bypass to a separate drawing.

If there is a loop it either fails altogether or it squashes the parts together into an unrecognizable mess. There is also no indication what caused this error, it was only through trial and error we discovered what was causing it. 

We have been using this work around for years, so would be really helpful if we don't need to deal with it.

Message 6 of 6
MGO-Norsyn
in reply to: Tocs

I switched to Isogen mainly because of this bug and the speed with which drawings are created. At least they do fix bugs for Isogen eventually... but with my life long experience with Autodesk I do not expect any significant number of bugs and problems get fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost