AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food & beverage industry

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Stevee420
1504 Views, 4 Replies

Food & beverage industry

Hi all,

fairly new to p3d, always used autocad normal since version10, now i'm wondering have I made a correct choice in doing the crossgrade to p3d.

Is there anyone out there, thats in the food & beverage industry?

How did you get around p3d not having the specs for thin walled process piping & valves? ie Din11850 

I know Autodesk are considering it, but when, if ever.

Regards

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MOLGRAND
in reply to: Stevee420

Hi,

AutoCad seem to be lacking in interest in producing these vital catalogues for general use (dispite asking for a year now) - they expect the users to make their own (which is time consuming) & in many instances users duplicate what others have done or are doing. I cross graded over a year ago, but still haven't used P3D for a major project yet, but have set it up & used quite a lot. I think it has come along way since the first release, but still has many bugs - in the long term it will will be good i think.

I was due to start on a project within the pulp & paper industry using the st. steel thin walled pipe & fittings din 2463 etc & created a working PCAT (with pipe, pulled tees, reducers, bends, elbows, collars, reduced thk flanges etc with correct dims) + spec to suit this - which I think was about 85% there. But in the end I wasn't able to spare the time to undertake the piping project for the client so I did,t get chance to fully complete it or check it - I ran test models & isos only.

I can post this on to the discussion group if you want to use this as a starting point or just to refer to.

Regards

Gary

Message 3 of 5
Stevee420

Hi Gary,

much appreciated if you could post cat & spec files, give me a good starting point in getting my head around p3d.

Thanks..

Now just to get rid of the other bugs within the autocad part of p3d!!!

Message 4 of 5
MOLGRAND

Hi,

See attached - I think this is it or I may need also to attached the full catalogues, anyway try it and see.

Regards

Gary

Message 5 of 5
Stevee420
in reply to: MOLGRAND

Thanks Gary, will look at it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost