AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow Arrow On Isometric 2012

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
DJPiper
2201 Views, 10 Replies

Flow Arrow On Isometric 2012

There is a dimension appears on Flow arrow on Isometric. and if the line is insulated it also gives an Insulation break. is there a setting to turn this off?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DJPiper
in reply to: DJPiper

guys, anyone? i havent figure out how to turn off this very special feature..

Message 3 of 11
Vicky.Wu

Turn off Insulation break annotation:

Go to IsoConfig.xml from project style folder. e.g. Project name\Isometric\Check_ANSI-B

Comment out selection below string or Delete it.

<PropertyBreakerScheme Name="InsulationLimit" AnnotationStyle="SpecBreak" Tag="Left Right" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="AlwaysNonArrowed" Filter="NotBoltOrWeld" Field="HasInsulation" DefaultAnnotationStyle="Standard" DefaultL-->eaderStyle="Always" WordWrapLimit="10" EnableMultiple="true" />

Btw, the issue regarding dimension for Flow arrow has been identified. Thanks for your reporting it.

Vicky
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Message 4 of 11
neonade
in reply to: Vicky.Wu

Hi Vicky,

Is your reply the answer to the flow arrow issue?

Thanks and regards

Message 5 of 11
Vicky.Wu
in reply to: neonade

My above reply is to solve insulation annotation for flow arrow.

Remove dimension of flow arrow:

Go to isoconfig.xml file to modify, e.g. Project\Isometric\Check_A2\isoconfig.xml, add below red string.

<Filter Name="Fitting" Value="NOT (Type = 'Pipe' OR Type = 'Gasket' OR Type = 'REINFORCEMENT-PAD' OR Type = 'Flange' OR Type = 'Bolt' OR Type LIKE 'Valve*' OR Type = 'Olet' OR Type LIKE 'Instrument*' OR Type = 'Support' OR Type LIKE 'Elbow*' OR Type LIKE 'Cross*' OR Type = 'Weld' OR Type LIKE 'Tee*' OR Type LIKE 'Y-*' OR Type = 'FLOOR-SYMBOL' OR Type = 'FLOW-ARROW')" />

The issue has been fixed in our next release.

Thanks very much.

Vicky
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Message 6 of 11
Dan.Scales

Hi,

The issue where a dimesion is being placed for the flow arrow has been escalated to our development team so it is something that is under current investigation.

Thanks,
Dan 

Dan Scales
Message 7 of 11
OmarGT
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Excuse me, is the placed-dimension issue already solved? Thanks in advance

Message 8 of 11
Vicky.Wu
in reply to: OmarGT

Yes. We have already fixed  both above 2 issues in Plant 3D 2013. Thanks for your concern!

Vicky
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Message 9 of 11
DJPiper

What about in 2012? is there a work around or Hot fix for this problem? we're currently using 2012 on our project. thanks!

Message 10 of 11
Rich.O.3d

Ok...i have this flow arrow edit inplace.

I have a line that starts with a section of Rubber lined pipe from the pump then after FIT/DIT, the line continous an in a poly pipe spec.

on the poly section, flow arrows are aok

on the rubber lined section, the flow arrows are dimensioned!

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 11 of 11
dpreezm

Hi I know this is a very old post, but this issue has not been resolved and I am working on version 2016?!?

-=StevieWonder=-
"Trust me, I'm a draftsman"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost