AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flanged pipes and Iso tagging - 2 easy question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
marodilp
1157 Views, 5 Replies

Flanged pipes and Iso tagging - 2 easy question

If anyone can, please answer me this 2 easy question: (hope they are easy)

1. How can I change the Iso line tagging, without changing the P3D Line Group/Tag Format? Some deeper changes? XML-s probably?
2. I create flanged pipes, with custom component(2013 version, Pipe,Sleeve,StraightNozzle), but when I put it down, the software puts down the pipe, but empty space for the flange, like it is invisible, but availible in the BOM. Is there a visibility option, or anything for it?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dave.wolfe
in reply to: marodilp

We have a post on changing how the line displays here:

http://www.pdoteam.com/2012/05/customizing-line-display-in-plant-3d-isometrics/

It sounds like you may not have assigned a symbol key to your custom shape.  If you assigned one, which type and symbol did you use?

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 6
marodilp
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thanks for the reply, but I think you missunderstand me, the Iso symbols work great!

The flange(of the Plant3D custom component flanged pipe) is invisible(or missing) in the 3D model, not in isometrics!

Did you meet this problem before? Attaching image...

In other hand, I see this Iso Config Editor is great, but I do not want all of my companies, to purchase it,

because many of them just want to change ISO pipeline tags. Can you tell me exactly, what should I

change in the isoconfig's .xml to change it?

Thank You!

Message 4 of 6
dave.wolfe

There is a free xml editor called Foxe that I've started using:

http://www.pdoteam.com/2012/08/editing-xml-files/

It looks like the block may have been edited and the 3d solid removed. Try this:

insert a flange somewhere, and explode it.  You should be left with a block reference.  Select the block reference and run the BEDIT command to open it in the block editor. 

If there is no solid there, you may need to check your catalogs.  The easiest thing to do is create the block again, and then use the replace block button in the catalog editor.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 6
marodilp
in reply to: dave.wolfe

1. XML editor is great, works nice.

Question: In the default annotation, there is
PIPELINE-REFERENCE  and  Size PIPING-SPEC

The first part(PIPELINE-REFERENCE) means the P3D line group/TagFormat.

I do not want the whole, I just need the Line number, but what should I write there

to make it work? Did you manage to change the ISO line tagging, to something else like:

"line number tag - spec" ?

2. With the "missing flange" I am using the default ones, so it cannot be the problem. (The customer uses

is either.)

If you have a minute, please try to do the following:

Add a custom pipe to your catalogue, with plant3d custom graphic, named: "Pipe,Sleeve,StraightNozzle"

Then add it to a default spec, 100HC01 for example, and try to build some piperun.

Does it work for you?

I really appreciate your work!

Laszlo

Message 6 of 6
nuwul

hi there,

i'm having the same problem too. i create a new component for flanged pipe since i don't want to use pipefitting option when creating the pipe in Plant 3D. seems like the flange does not appear on screen...

i've explode the pipe but no flange block appear. if i just insert the flange manually from the tool palette,it's working.

anyone can help me with this problem... i insert a flange in my spec thought that will cause the problem but nothing change.

is there anything that i need to insert in my Spec other than the flanged pipe? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost