AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flanged Piping Questions .

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
nawfel.bouzayani
1126 Views, 8 Replies

Flanged Piping Questions .

Hello

I am trying to work on Pipe connection settings to allow auto flange but no success.

When I try to connect or rout from a nozzle that is configured as FF (Facing RF ou FF), it doesn't add automatically a flange and the same when I insert a flanged valve or equipment.

I tried to see some forums but doesn't help too much.

Can anybody help, please?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Can you post a screen shot of your compound joint settings?

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 9

Hello,

I think that I have a problem in how to configure the Piping Connection Settings in the attached file.

Can any one tell me how shall I configure it to get the autoflanged connection fixed.

Thank you

Message 4 of 9

Sorry, forgot to ask the basic question first...just to make sure we're on the same page.  Are you sure you have FF flanges in your spec?

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 9

I have FF flanges and facing RF.

Message 6 of 9

This is the spec I am working on.

Message 7 of 9

Hello,

Does anybody has answer for this problem?

Thank you

Message 8 of 9

please try setting your autoflangejoint back to how it came out of the box

then at your flanged joint, modify and remove tick from facing in the required match box.

this will allow you to connect a FF flange to a RF flange, it will give you a warning just pick ok

if you dont want the warning, then delete facing from the required matches completely

i notice you also have created the possibility for a THDM to connect to a THDM and a THDF to a THDF also you have THDM connecting to a FL etc ...are you sure you want these types of connection?

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 9 of 9

Whatever became of this request for help. It appears to have just died without a resolution. The problem that nawfel.bouzayani was having is now the same problem that I'm having in 2014. What was the answer to his problem? No matter what settings I put I keep getting the same results. When autorouting from the end of a pipe a flange is placed with its face attached to the pipe.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost