AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal errors in Plant3D

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bnowak
567 Views, 3 Replies

Fatal errors in Plant3D

Hi All,

I have a huge problem with the fatal errors, which are comming continuosly during a work in the Plant3D - every 15 min!

Fatal errors are coming in different phase of work, in the moving, regen, marking, model review...

Do you know the reason of such errors?

Could you please give me any tip or way how to solve this problem?

Regards

Bart

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PeterQuinn
in reply to: bnowak

Bnowak,

Please send in the error reports you get when you crash (Customer Error Report or CER). I'll ask the developers to look for your crashes in the CER database and see if there is anything specific about them.

It will be useful to have your email address to look up the errors.

If you don't feel comfortable posting your address here, you can always send it to me directly peter.quinn@autodesk.com

I'm not a developer, but if I had to guess - and it's just a guess - it would be that there is a graphics card driver issue. Can you turn off hardware accelleration and see if that helps?

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
bnowak
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Hi Peter,

Have you received my email from 03. July?

Do you have any news regarding our problems?

Regards

Bart

Message 4 of 4
raj.inugala
in reply to: bnowak

Hello bnowak,

We have looked at the reports that came in from your Email Id and noticed that they were mainly 9 issues.

Of the 9 reported issues, 6 have been fixed for the next release. The other three are AutoCAD defects and are being reviewed.

Of the 6 defects that were fixed, 4 were AutoCAD defects and 2 were Plant 3D defects.

One of the Plant 3D crashes reported is caused when the user is mouse-hovering over a Plant 3D drawing XREF with no project open. Always opening the related project before using the Plant 3D drawing will fix this.

We were not able to reproduce the other Plant 3D crash reported.

We are still in the process of looking through the other issues and figuring out if there are any valid work-arounds. If we do find a work-around, we will post them here.

Thanks,

Raj.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost